The Thousand Islands regency has decided to suspend sand drilling activities on Kongsi Island, Pari Island subdistrict, following complaints from residents over concerns that construction for the overwater resort project would affect their livelihood.
Thousand Island deputy regent Junaedi and local officials visited the construction site on Friday.
“We checked the site and have temporarily suspended drilling on Kongsi Island,” he said on Friday as reported by wartakota.tribunnews.com.
He said the decision was made in response to reports from residents who feared that the project would hamper their daily activities as traditional fishermen.
Junaedi conceded that the subdistrict head should have known about the sand drilling and informed residents of the area.
“We will invite the company to discuss its permit. We want to know why they are drilling up to 30 meters deep,” he said, claiming that he had not been informed of any plans to build an overwater hotel or restaurant in the area.
Yoba, one of the workers of engineering service firm PT Pratama Wiyda, said out of 15 drilling points on Kongsi Island, only four had been completed.
“We are drilling to take soil samples, measure the depth at which hard ground is located and decide what kind of poles to use,” he said as quoted by wartakota.tribunnews.com, confirming that the activities were part of and overwater villa project. (ggq)
Artikel ini telah tayang di thejakartapost.com dengan judul ” Thousand Islands regency halts sand drilling for overwater villa on Pari Island” pada tanggal 9 Maret 2019, https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2019/03/09/thousand-islands-regency-halts-sand-drilling-for-overwater-villa-on-pari-island.html